Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||65 x 4|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-5000 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||10-5000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
The Memphis Audio VIV400.4V2 replaces this item:
Memphis Audio VIV400.4
Overview: The Memphis Audio VIV400.4V2 is a SixFive series four-channel amplifier. This Class D amp features a compact anodized brushed aluminum chassis with all of the connections on one side for a clean installation. Each amplifier includes a Certificate of Performance with a Total RMS Power measurement.
Output Power: The amp has the following power output:
- 65 watts RMS x 4 at 4Ω (@ 14.4V, <1% THD)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 2Ω (@ 14.4V)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4Ω bridged (@ 14.4V)
Controls: The amplifier features a hinged top plate where the following controls are accessed:
- Gain: The front and rear sections of the amp have independent rotary Gain controls to match the amplifier to the output of the source unit. This adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output.
- Crossover Controls: Independent crossovers are provided for the front and rear channels. The crossovers have a slope of 24 dB/octave.
- Front Channels: The Front Channel crossover can be set to High Pass, Low Pass, or Off (full range). The crossover point is continuously variable from 10 Hz to 500 Hz (Range Switch at 1X) or 100 Hz to 5000 Hz (Range Switch at 10X).
- Rear Channels: The Rear Channel crossover can be set to High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass (both the high pass and low pass crossovers are engaged), or Off (full range). The high pass crossover point is continuously variable from 10 Hz to 500 Hz using the rotary control. The low pass frequency is variable from 50 Hz to 500 Hz (Range Switch at 1X) or 500 Hz to 5000 Hz (Range Switch at 10X).
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost increases the bass response of the amplifier at 45 Hz. The independent front and rear rotary controls are variable from 0 dB to 18 dB.
- LED Color: This rotary control lets you select the color of the logos on the top of the amplifier and the light strips along the sides. The logos are illuminated when the amplifier is powered on. There are seven LED colors to choose from.
- strong>Auto Turn On: There are three different modes to turn the amp on, selected using the 3-position switch. If using a remote turn-on wire, set the switch to “+12V”. If a remote turn-on lead is not available, you can set the Auto Turn On to DC Offset (speaker level input only) or Audio Signal Sense (speaker level or line level input). If the Auto Turn On switch is set to DC Offset or Audio, you can use the REM terminal to send a +12V turn-on signal to additional amplifiers.
- Input Level: The Input Level switch is set to match the type of input signal connected to the amplifier; if using line-level connections select LO, if using speaker-level inputs select HI.
- F/R Input: A 2-position switch specifies how many input channels are connected:
- 2 Channel: the front channel inputs feed all four output channels
- 4 Channel: each output channel has a dedicated input
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features built-in circuitry to protect the amplifier against short circuit, overheating, and over/under battery voltage. A Protect LED on the side of the amplifier will glow red when the amplifier shuts down due to any of the above causes.
Connections: The amp has the following connections:
- Power/Ground/Turn-on: The amplifier features set screw terminals for connecting the power and ground wires. The power and ground terminals will accept bare wire up to 4-gauge. The Memphis Audio recommends a 4-gauge amplifier wiring kit with an in-line 60-amp fuse on the power wire within 18″ of the battery. The REM or “Turn-on” set screw connection will accept up to 10-gauge wire, however, an 18-gauge remote lead is sufficient.
- Signal Input: The amp has two pair of RCA jacks, front and rear, for connecting the amp to the source unit’s preamp or speaker level outputs. The amp accepts line level signals between 200mV and 5.0V, and speaker level signals from 400mV to 10.0V.
- Line Output: A third pair of RCA jacks is provided for sending the audio signal to a second amplifier.
- Speaker Output: Set screw terminals are also provided for connecting the speaker wires to the amp. The terminals will accept up to 10-gauge wire.